Staying at home (#StayHome) can be a little dull, kan? So, what do you say to a little ice-cream adventure in your kitchen with the help of your fave Inside Scoop flavours? If you have leftover ice cream and want to do something a little extra, here is how to give your pints some zhuzh.
Fried Ice Cream
Yes, we know what you are thinking, “Like this also can call atas, meh?”. It may not be so atas but you have to admit that it is an awesome way to eat ice cream! Besides, who doesn’t like ice-cream goreng?
Image Courtesy Of by.cikpea
You will need:
- Sliced bread
- Inside Scoop Ice Cream
- Grab two slices of bread and cut the crusts off.
- Scoop the ice cream into the centre and place the other slice of bread on top. Very gently, press the sides of the two slices together so that it seals up. (Please don’t incredible Hulk and over kemek it) You can even lightly butter the sides so that they hold in place better.
- Pop them in the freezer overnight or for least 8 hours so that they are frozen well.
- When you are ready for some frying action, make sure your pot of oil is already boiling. Fry until golden brown and place on a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil.
Tip: For that extra drama and yumz factor, we suggest serving it with whipped cream and strawberries (or other fresh fruits).
Ice Cream Truffles
Okay, okay, if you thought ice cream goreng is not so onz, here is your atas recipe! This recipe is relatively simple but you just need to be a little fast because…ice creams melt.
Image Courtesy Of cookingwithjanica
You will need:
- Inside Scoop Ice Cream of your choosing
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Topping and sprinkles of your choice
- Get your sheet pan and line with parchment paper. Next, scoop balls of ice cream onto the pan and stick it back into the freezer for 2 hours.
- About 10 minutes before you take the ice cream out, melt the chocolate and then mix the coconut oil into it until it’s smooth.
- Take your ice cream balls out and gently scoop it up with a spoon or a skewer and plop it into the chocolate and coat it well before placing it back onto the sheet pan
- Before the chocolate hardens, make sure to add your toppings so they stick.
- Pop the truffles back into the freezer for another 2 hours before serving.
These are perfect for serving impromptu guests (or just to upfront show-off your skills la) and can last up to a month in your freezer.
Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
So, this one is less of a recipe and more of a tip. But hey, as long as it tastes good and fulfils those cravings, amirite’?
Image Courtesy Of tastylazycooking
You will need:
- Cookies of your choice, preferably soft baked ones
- Inside scoop ice cream
- Gently spread your Inside Scoop ice cream on one of the cookie
- Place another cookie on top and gently press down but not all the way. Just enough so that it sticks together.
- Place your sprinkles in a bowl and take your ice cream cookie sandwich to roll in it so that the outer layer of the ice cream is coated.
- Place the ice cream cookie sandwich in the freezer for about 2 hours before serving
Tip: Instead of using sprinkles, you can even use finely chopped up pieces of fruit like mangoes or even strawberries. Or both!
These recipes will turn any frown upside down! Get your pints now at any one of our stores near you or even order through Grab. If you guys happen to try these out, tag us at #InsideScoopHacks.